Ms. Spier is originally from Long Island, New York. She has a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology with a specialization in reading/education. She joined the Genesis Family 9 years ago when her daughter started preschool. She’s now a 7th grader at Genesis Prep!
Mrs. Connelly was born and raised in Scotland, moving to the United States to work as a nanny when she was 19 years old. She has an Associates Degree in Education, as well as a Bachelors Degree. She is so excited to be a part of your children’s educational journey as she assists Ms. Spier.
FIVE THINGS YOU DIDN’T KNOW ABOUT MS. SPIER
1. She likes to ride horses.
2. She can do a great imitation of an elephant.
3. She is a Dallas Cowboys fan, even though she’s from New York
4. She loves dark chocolate.
5. Her first job was as a beach attendant.
FIVE THINGS YOU DIDN’T KNOW ABOUT MRS. CONNELLY
1. She likes Balsamic Vinegar on her pizza.
2. She can make an owl sound with her hands.
3. She used to work at McDonalds as a teenager.
4. She can fold her tongue into a cloverleaf shape.
5. She became a US citizen in 2017.
THIS WEEK’S FOCUS
This week is a short but sweet week for us! On Monday we will be finishing up our turkey hats and preparing for the Annual Feast on Tuesday.
There is no homework this week. Just please be sure to stay on top of reading to build fluency. Don’t forget to work on your ornament that went home this past week also. They are due on November 30th.
Numbers to 100
Wrap up Unit D
WEEKLY HOMEWORK SCHEDULE
Homework is subject to change. In addition to the listed homework, you and your child are asked to read for 15 minutes each night.
REMINDERS & UPCOMING EVENTS
Tuesday, November 20- Annual First Grade Play and Thanksgiving Feast- Noon Dismissal
November 21-23- Thanksgiving Break
Friday, November 30 Family Project Due
Thursday, December 13 Christmas Performance at GPS-Students need to be there by 6:15pm
Friday, December 21 Class Party and Book Exchange (details soon) noon dismissal
Please feel free to email me or call me at school (727-372-9333) from 8am to 4pm.